Training in Gosport, UK

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” 
~ Andre Gide

 That's most of the stuff I'm packing. Yes meagre even by my standards. And the one bag, yes one bag, I'm taking weighs less than 20kgs. The largest item is my sleeping bag. If one of you sometime, somewhere decide to take this up, here's my packing list

1. quick dry towel (apna Indian pancha)
2. 4 dri fit t-shirts (2 with long sleeves)
3. 2 dri fit pants
4. 1 dri fit shorts (I feel cold very quickly so the England may have do with just a quick look see at my gorgeous long legs)
5. 2 regular everyday wear pants
6. 3 cotton t shirts
7. 2 polo t shirts
8. 1 fleece jacket
9. 1 raincoat (that the friend I borrowed it from, promises can protect me from cold upto 10 degrees)
10. 1 pair of deck shoes
11. 2 pairs of woollen socks 
12. 2 pairs of cotton socks
13. sleeping bag
14. a head torch (to light up every time I have a brain wave - seriously it has a red light for naughty thoughts and a white light for sheer terror thoughts. It will not light up for normal thoughts)
15. 1 balaclava (monkey cap)
16, 1 waterproof beanie (for when I'm not monkeying around, but still full of beans)
17. 1 pair of fishing gloves
18.  1 cap
19. water bottle
20. the usual cosmetics and strong deo, wet wipes (both recommended for the close quarter living), sunscreen, prickly heat powder
21. iPad
22. powerbank

Clipper provides the sailing gear, but I still need to buy a good pair of sailing shoes and a sailing knife, once I get there. Which is 3 days from today. The countdown has begun .

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 1 Clipper training

Level 2 Clipper Training

Landfall in Cape Town